Monday, March 2, 2015

Replacement Forms SSA-1099 and SSA-1042S Available Online

A recent enhancement to the Social Security Administration's (SSA's) website allows individuals to obtain replacement Form SSA-1099 or Form SSA-1042S this tax season through an account created at . In addition, an online  mySocial Security  account may be used to track earnings, estimate future benefits, change an address, start or change direct deposit, or for those currently receiving benefits, request a letter with proof of benefits. Medicare enrollees may obtain a benefit verification letter, check benefit and payment information, verify earnings records, change an address and phone number, start or update benefit payment direct deposit. A mySocial Security  account may be only created and used for an individual's personal information. An account cannot be created or used on behalf of another person, even with written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment